Hello Scott,

I took a look at your code, and have a solution for you.

Here's the code:

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result) )
{
        if ($row["memberid"] == $login_id)
        {
                // your code here :-)

>        $row = mysql_fetch_array($result); // Get one row of data only *BAD*
>        if ($row[memberid] == $login_id) {
>               // [...]
>        }
>
> the path of the cookie to be the root under both instances, it should be
> trying to set the same cookie, right?

correct, but this only works if the first array returned is equal to the
login_id. since you are returning only the first row of your database
table, you never make it to the memberid that you're hoping is there --
assumming that it is there.

Train harder!

regards,barce