Al wrote:

I've got a cgi file in my cgi-bin folder that I'm calling with include(). It worked with php4.

My shared host just upgraded to my server to php5.2.0 and the function doesn't work. I can't tell if the problem is a php5 or server configuration [which may have changed during the upgrade] issue.

If I call the file as a URL directly, it works.
http://www.foo.org/cgi-bin/file.cgi?dir=/test&perms=0755

Check if the new configuration of PHP allows HTTP calls. Include, require, fopen, etc are traditionally for local file-system files. Obviously you're calling it via HTTP so you get the parsed output and not the source code of the CGI script, but if your host has disabled URL opens with PHP 5 then it would explain why it no longer works.

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"