I am trying to load a PHP debugger in our most recent build of PHP 5.2.1.

The debugger which I am trying to set up is the free, pre-compiled
Linux version of dbg ( DBG 2.15.5 dbg modules), from
http://dd.cron.ru/dbg/, and all of the instructions have been followed
as posted on the NuSphere site.

Yes, Apache has been stopped and restarted!!

There is no difference in the output from phpinfo(). The line
"with DBG v2.11.30, (C) 2000,2004 by Dmitri Dmitrienko, http://dd.cron.ru";
does not appear.

PHP is compiled without debugging, but I did consider that was for the
purpose of debugging PHP itself, not scripts.

Suggestions will be most welcome. Also, I'm not married to this, so if
anyone thinks there is a better debugger, please jump in.

Regards - Miles Thompson

PS Why are we doing this? Because we are getting tired of debugging
with Javascript alert()  boxes. /mt

PPS And we are using those because of Joomla!  Some things are buried
so deeply we cannot use print() or echo(). /mt