Sorry for the lack of information.

I also was wrong about the subdirectory name. It's "Images" and not
"Image"

The workstation is running WinXP Pro while PHP 5 & Apache 2 are on Suse
10.1.
I also installed apache2 & php5 on a WinXP Pro system and the same
problem occurs.

I have tried 7 workstations and they are all giving the same problem.

Whether the subdirectory is "Images" or "images", it makes no
difference, the problem is still there.

Once I rename that "images" or "Images" directory, all is fine.

Here's the code:

<?php

$path = '//path to directory/';
$dir_handle = opendir($path) or die("Unable to open $path");
$paths = array();
while ($file = readdir($dir_handle))
{
    if(!is_dir($file))
    {
        $paths[] = "$path$file";
closedir($dir_handle);
sort($paths);
echo '<ul>';
$x="0";
foreach ($paths as $link) {

    $show = substr($link,strrpos($link, '/')+1);
        $x++;
}
echo '</ul>';

?>

On 5/18/07, Tijnema ! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<http://ca.f622.mail.yahoo.com/ym/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&YY=7077&y

wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a simple script that scans a directory and will output a
list of
> sub
> > directories as a hyperlink.
> >
> > Script is working fine. Only problem I have is that if there is a
> > subdirectory called "Image", my script won't see it. If I rename
that
> > subdirectory to anything else, it will see it.
> >
> > If I use a standard href line to link that "image" subdirectory,
that's
> fine
> > but then it won't show up alphabetically when the other folders are
> linked.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Haig
>

> We can't guess what you did wrong, show us relevant parts of your
code.

> Tijnema

    I'm guessing that it's just a typo, but are "Image" (first mention)
and
"image" (all lower-case, second mention) actually the exact same
directory?
Remember, all POSIX-based systems (*nix, Linux, BSD, MacOS) are all
cAsE-sEnSiTiVe.

    Also, in addition to Tijnema's request, please supply your basic
server
configuration (WIMP, LAMP, et cetera).  For example:

        Linux (Redhat 7.1)
        Apache 1.3.37
        MySQL 3.23
        PHP 3.4.4

    Just *please* don't tell me you have that configuration!  ;-P

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272