On 5/18/07, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 22:27 +0200, Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 5/18/07, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > 2853.822438 now, to be exact :)
> > >
> > > O wait, since I copied the amount of MB, it has changed already, it
is
> > >   2853.822762 now :)
> >
> > Anyone know if gmailFs supports RAID across multiple accounts? >:)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob.
> > --
>
> Actually, I've seen a program that actually could use multiple
> accounts (unlimited), and so you could create an unlimited size disk,
> but unfortunately you won't get better speed when using RAID... :P
> Unless you have 3Gbit DSL line, you have slower speeds then using a
> normal hard drive, so it sucks. But who cares? Gmail is for mail, not
> for data :P

That would depend on whether Google throttles download speed of message
packets. If it throttles on any given request, then making multiple
asynchronous requests for striped data would improve your download
speed.

But of course, it would never be as fast as a local hard drive. That's
why Dan just wants to backup his midget and donkey pr0n ;)

Cheers,
Rob.