Not sure why you would want to build something from scratch when you can use

Openads : http://www.openads.org/

berber

-----Original Message-----
From: Merlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 2:16 AM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] Adserver programming with php

Hi there,

I am thinking about creating a kind of adserver which is customized for my
needs. As I would be most confident in doing this with php, I am asking
myself if this is the right choice or if it would be wiser to take a C++
aproach for example to get a higher performance just in case the site grows
fast.
Do you guys think that a php build webserver would be able to scale and
perform well enough for serving millions of adimpressions daily?

Thank you for any advice,

Merlin