On Fri, May 18, 2007 4:45 pm, Greg Donald wrote:
> Anyone wanna share their insights into the php5 cert test?  The php4
> test was pretty simple for me, but that was a couple of years ago.  It
> seems there's quite a bit of new material being covered on the php5
> version.  I figure with the same number of questions, things had to
> get more general if anything, right?

Didn't take either, but surveyed a half-dozen who took it at php|tek
last week...

My basic impression was that they threw out a lot of the "stupid"
questions that relied on arcane knowledge or were just plain Bad Code
of nasty loops with silly breaks etc.

What got added was a lot of OOP stuff and stream stuff and...

'Course, there's more than just one "test" that they hand out, as I
understand it, so there are variations to it, and I had a very very
very small sample of people who I chatted with.

And none of them know for sure if they passed yet or not, really. :-)

I was busy both times the test was being administered, but would
probably fail anyway on the new features parts.  I'm pretty set in my
ways... :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?