Hi,

I'm trying to make PHP5's soap implementation play nice with my web service, and I'm having a problem.

Part of my schema contains a complexType, containing an xsd:choice of several different element types, which can be repeated many times (maxOccurs=unbounded)

e.g.:

<xsd:complexType name='containertype'>
  <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:choice maxOccurs='unbounded'>
      <xsd:element name='e1' type='e1type'>
      <xsd:element name='e2' type='e2type'>
    </xsd:choice>
  </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

The problem is that the order of element here is important. I want the results returned in the same order that they appear in the XML.

Unfortunately, what I end up with, is an object containing an array of all the e1 elements, followed by an array of all the e2 elements.

Take the following example... If there following were in my soap result:

<container>
  <e1>some_stuff</e1>
  <e2>different_stuff</e2>
  <e1>some_other_stuff</e1>
  <e2>different_other_stuff</e2>
</container>

What I actually end up seeing is something like:

[container] => stdClass Object
  (
    [e1] Array
      (
        [0] => some_stuff
        [1] => some_other_stuff
      )
    [e2] Array
      (
        [0] => different_stuff
        [1] => different_other_stuff
      )
  }

Note that this is somewhat simplified from my real-world example. In reality, "e1" and "e2" are complexTypes themselves.

But I really do need to see the resulting elements in the same order that they were supplied. I'm able to do this in dotnet and gsoap clients, so far. (I haven't tried any others.)

Incidentally, I'm using a basic unmodified skeleton generated by wsdl2php as my classmap. The object describing the 'container' type looks simply like:

class container {
}

Perhaps it's possible to add something to this to help sort the order out??

Any suggestions are appreciated. Could this be a bug?

Incidentally, the full-blown (and rather complicated I'm afraid) schema/wsdl for what I'm *actually* trying to do is at http://www.widgit.com/cml/symgate.wsdl if that helps.

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Detheridge
SEN Developer, Widgit Software

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of
the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have
received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email and
promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.

Logotron is a limited company registered in England, number 04113866. The
registered office is Logotron Ltd, 124 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0ZS.