I know that; but, I writing a script, that can be used on different servers, which creates a directory and I want to make certain it is created on the DOC ROOT. I don't want the user to have to test the ftp connection with a ftp utility program first.

Jim Moseby wrote:
r?

Can I assume that all ftp_connect()s will make the current dir the DOC_ROOT?

If not, how can I insure the ftp root dir is the same as DOC_ROOT?

You can't use the absolute path with ftp.

chdir() doesn't change the ftp current dir.

if you ftp_chdir() and it's already on the root, it posts an error.

ftp_pwd() simply returns "/", which simply says it's on its root, where ever that is.

The ftp_* functions behave just as any ftp client behaves, AFAIK.  If you
log into the FTP server via your favorite command-line FTP client, you are
seeing the exact same behaviour as the ftp_* functions will see.

JM