John Comerford wrote:
How about a table using the mysql memory engine ?

Darren Whitlen wrote:
Hi,
I have a PHP script that reads and updates either a small file or a mysql database. This script is called from several places every .5 seconds.

I would like to move this file to a variable for extra speed as the file is causing a few problems being accessed so many times. Is it possible to have a writeable variable that has the scope of EVERY script that is run through the parser?

Thanks,
Darren

 From - Wed

Not thought about the memory engine actually. Will give that a try and see how it turns out. Think I'll leave the session_id idea then, if it locks it down per-script, the performance will pretty much die.

Thanks!