From: Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jean-Christophe Roux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:34:24 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] two php scripts with same $_SESSION variables

Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:
I have folder A with the following php script:
<?php
session_start();
$_SESSION['dummy']=10;
echo $_SESSION['dummy'];
?>
in folder B (same level as A), there is
<?php
session_start();
echo $_SESSION['dummy'];
?>
when running the script in B, in can see the value 10. How can I make sure that
the $_SESSION['dummy'] is not shared between the two scripts? I could change
the name but that would not be convenient.

You'll have to change the name. The whole point of sessions is to allow scripts to share variables between requests.

-Stut

So what your saying, is that.. you want a webpage open twice but with different session_id? The only way to do that would be to create a session_id yourself, eg. session_id(time().rand(0,1000)); Then pass that id through your scripts via POST or GET, start the session using that ID. You can then start as many sessions as you like.

Darren