At 1:55 PM -0700 5/23/07, Kevin Murphy wrote:
.inc files have a disadvantage in that if you view the file:

http://www.yoursite.com/file.inc

you can see the php code. I prefer not to use those just on the off chance that someone can see my code and use that as the basis for figuring out a way to exploit it (especially true of password files, etc).

--
Kevin Murphy

And the other side of that coin is if you have your files ending with .php, then they can be called/run directly and do things you may not want done.

That's a good reason to use some sort of token protection in your include php files so that they cannot be run directly.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------