Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me explain how Microsoft OUTLOOK knows
which emails that it has downloaded from the server, as far as I know, there
isn't any way of marking the email in a pop3 queue that they have been
either read or downloaded. But then again, I have an inbox with over 20,000
emails in it, and outlook goes through these in less than a few seconds, so,
could anyone explain to me how this is done.

NEW PART:

This is if I've set the outlook client not to delete the email from the pop
server, or I've choosen to leave the message for x number of days..

// Mattias