On Fri, June 8, 2007 10:17 am, Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
> Stut, thank you very much for explaining things and trying to help.
>
>> The applet *does* POST to PHP. However, it has the option to upload
>> to an
>> FTP server.... "the choice of using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP connections
>> for
>> your transfer" (from the website).
>
> So it seems applet posts complete data to that php file handling
> script
> (rather php engine),*as soon as upload button is clicked*, rather than
> uploading first and then posting to php. That is the reason for name
> phpxx.tmp of temporary file.

If it tried to upload and then do a separate POST, then you'd have no
way to connect the two events, as HTTP is stateless.

Or, rather, you'd need to overlay some kind of protocol on top of HTTP
that would maintain the state to tie the upload to the POST.

It's not "impossible" but nobody has bothered to do it because HTTP
file upload works "okay" for normal uses, and if you have ginormous
files, you'll be better off using FTP anyway.

But do feel free to write and release an Open Source solution to this
problem.

> Tested on two servers. Both cases it seems to fail if it takes more
> than 30
> seconds.
> I get an error:
> [08-Jun-2007 20:15:06] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30
> seconds exceeded in ....\handle_upload.php on line 2

That's php timeout message. You have NOT set the tmeout as you think.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?