Hello,
   I was using a FAMP (FreeBSD Apache MySQL PHP) server for some web
development I was doing. Then I had to switch over the php pages to a Linux
box, however, the database is still on FreeBSD. Does that make any
difference?

The reason why I ask is because I keep getting this error.

I use "die ('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());"
Could not connect: Can't connect to MySQL server on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (13).

If I use "die ('Could not connect: ' . mysql_errno());"
Could not connect: 2003

I did some research on error 2003 and it appears that I would see this if
communication access was not established.

However, if I try connecting to the mysql database using the command line
I have no problems.

Mysql -u some_user -p -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This only started after I started using linux as web server and freebsd as
database.

If there is a more appropriate mailing list to ask this questions, please
feel free to direct me towards it.

Tom

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.