On Thu, June 7, 2007 9:03 pm, Dylan Bouterse wrote:
> My company has a RH ES4 web server running apache/2.2.2 and PHP 5.1.4.
> Our PHP programmer has developed quite a few PHP email forms and each
> time an email is sent, the FROM: address is
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] I don't know if this is a PHP
> problem or apache problem (or even a sendmail problem for that matter)
> so I am asking both lists for help. I have tried lookup up apache docs
> and PHP docs to alter the FROM: address to no avail. No matter what I
> and my programmer try in PHP or apache the from address stays coming
> from the user apache runs as @webserver.domain.com (obviously I mean
> the FQDN of the server). We would like to be able to alter the FROM:
> address per form as we should be able to do in PHP. If there is a PHP
> fix for this any help would be appreciated. If this is definitely NOT
> a PHP problem, please let me know and I will move on from there. Thank
> you.

You would need the mail() call to specify the From: and Reply-to:
headers:
mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'test', 'test, "From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]");

Your mail software may also be REJECTING the over-riding of those
headers if the PHP user is not "trusted" enough by the mail software.

E.g., maybe you need to add the User setting of httpd.conf to the
trusted user list in sendmail.cf

Try sending email different ways to localize the trouble.

Use 'mail' from the command line as yourself.
'su' to the PHP User and then try 'mail' from command line again.

This may help explain where the problem lies.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?