At 2:12 PM +0100 6/12/07, Stut wrote:
The submit image is bigger than the circle, and I'm guessing Tedd is checking the coords passed through.

-Stut

Yes, that's all the technique does for now. It just checks the submit x and submit y and determines if those coordinates lie within the circle.

I fixed the empty submit x/y that Tijnema & Rob found, but that was my fault for not validating input -- but that doesn't invalidate the method.

Please pardon my ignorance, but what I'm trying to understand is -- how can a bot click and determine the correct x/y coordinates to pass the test -- how do they do that?

If it's just find the dot, then I could just as easily throw up other images (pig, chicken, diamond, heart) and have the use click the correct image (i.e., please click the heart).

And, I could even morph the key image and provide it among others asking the user to click the image that comes close to the key image.

Now, how is a bot going to figure that out?

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------