On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 22:41 +0800, Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2007 03:27, Robert Cummings wrote:
>
> > > 1) study a selection of frameworks and learn from their strengths and
> > > weaknesses then go on to create a kickass framework based on what
> > > you've learnt
> >
> > Now, now, let's not pretend that you even nearly suggested that in your
> > original answer:
> >
> >     "It's an extremely inefficient use of precious time.
> >      at it :)"
> >
> > You don't offer anything up. Only that pursing the creation of a
> > framework is "extremely inefficient use of precious time" by relating
> > it to Inventing of the wheel over and over. ...
>
> I still stand by that answer. But IF the OP wanted really really wanted to
> create a new framework then that is where the first paragraph comes in.
>
> > > Please note the distinction between possibility and probability.
> >
> > Please stay on track.
>
> Note how hard it is to get a straight answer out of you. You said:
>
> > Ah but it is quite possible that the OP will go ahead and try to build
> > a framework, he may fail miserably, all the while learning from his
> > mistakes. Then he may try again and subsequently build a kickass
> > framework. Since not all paths lead to the same conclusion it is just
> > as possible that if he doesn't go down this path that he will never
> > create a kickass framework no matter how many frameworks he studies.
>
> Which basically is saying, whatever path you choose the outcome may not
> turn out the way you expect, which I summed up as:
>
> > Now you're trudging into the realms of philosophy, crystal ball gazing
> > and groundless speculation.
>
> You counter with:
>
> > No, it's simple probability.
>
> Seeking clarification I ask:
>
> > So it's probability now? Which has the greater probability:
> >
> > 1) study a selection of frameworks and learn from their strengths and
> > weaknesses then go on to create a kickass framework based on what
> > you've learnt
> >
> > 2) just jump right in a create a kickass framework
> >
> > Please note the distinction between possibility and probability.
>
> And finally you dodge the question with:
>
> > Please stay on track.

Your question of "which has greater probability" was moving off track.
It is irrelevant to the OP's question of how to start a framework and
your original dismissive answer that all but said he shouldn't.

> Similarly I ask at which point you made the word "update" to
> mean "popularity":

> > > Where? How? Maybe the English that they taught me at school is subtly
> > > different to the English that you learnt.
> >
> > I'm moving forward with the discussion, not backwards, Please keep up.
> > I've no reason for the discussion to go into circular mode.
>
> And you dismiss the question out of hand - damn you're good at this.

Because we already discussed popularity and how you implied it in a
answer already exists in the mailing list archives.

> <sarcasm>
> > > Still, it's good to know that your code is flawless and can be relied
> > > upon.
> </sarcasm>
>
> > So obviously I said they were all fallacious. Perhaps you don't
> > understand what fallacious means.
>
> Perhaps you don't recognise sarcasm when you see it?

No, I'm unable to read your mind and in the absence of facial and vocal
cues I can only ascertain sarcasm by the above NEWLY included sarcasm
delimiters or by a winkie smiley (or other similar smileys) that usually
accompanies such contexts as sarcasm.

Cheers,
Rob.