Okay, so I don't even have the whole system up and working quite yet that Dan Brown typed out for me in another e-mail and I have people wanting new features... They would like to be able to schedule things to happen every other week, once a month on a certain day, quarterly, etc. etc... Now I know I need to use a time stamp to create the current time, and I think I can use mktime() to create a time stamp for in the future, and add that to the database.

Then to check if it should show up put my sql statement to something like: "SELECT * FROM tasks where TIMESTAMP = TODAY or TIMESTAMP is older then today and NOT completed"

What I'm not sure about is the best way to setup the logic for setting when it is scheduled, such as, if it is supposed to repeat every month on the same day, would it be best to simply have a check box for "Reoccur Monthly" and if clicked do use PHP wizardry to schedule it to do it every month? Or would it be simpler to when it comes up, reschedule it for the next month? As you can see, I'm still thinking it through, and wanted to collective knowledge of the group to weigh in. Code I'll look for later when I decide on a tactic to use.

Thanks for any advice you can give! :)