Excellent information Jim!  Thanks a ton!   I really wish I knew linux more
intimately so I knew what was a vital organ and what was an appendix :)

Your suggestions sound like exactly what I'm looking for.  Greatly appreciated!

Actually.. one question.  Won't it try to set up a swap partition?  Or will
what you recommend keep that to a minimum too?

Thanks again..  finally some useful information to a simple question. hah

(not that I don't appreciate the advice that's been given so far.. it's just
not what I was looking for)

-TG