On Sunday 24 June 2007 4:03 pm, nitrox . wrote:
> hi all,
>   I have a news section on a website that im coding that isnt displaying
> properly. Every paragraph in each news post is being displayed as one big
> paragraph. how can i display my paragraphs in proper form? The field the
> news story is stored in is set as longtext.
> here is a link to view.
> http://area51.chalkthree.com/index.php?pg=3
>
> the first update shows what im having an issue with. each item in the
> numbered list should be on a seperate line. there are some line breaks as
> well for new paragraphs that arent displaying properly.
Hello Nitrox,
I went to look at the site indicated, and as far as I can tell, your problem
isn't with the php or the sql. It's with the html. to put each point on
seperate lines, try using the list tags ordered or unordered list.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp just for one example.
Also browsers don't deal with white space the way a word processor does. Very
roughly speaking, your browser will display only one space for one or more
whitespace characters. if you want spaces, use css, &nbsp; or <br>
HTH
Ray
<snip code>