Alexander,

sorry to see nobody has replied to your post, im sure you worked very hard
on the cache system and are eager for feedback..

so to me it looks like youve introduced a somewhat new style of caching here
(though im sure there are other such approaches); for instance i know of 2
main uses for caches at this time [as caching pertains to php].

  1. caching php intermediate code
  2. caching application variables

both of these caching techniques are designed to overcome limitations of the
language as it ships out of the box, more or less; afaik.
it appears you are interested in caching the output of php scripts, which
is, i suppose, a third technique that could be added to the list.
so i have a criticism about your system and a couple questions as well.
*criticism*

  - why cache script output on disk?  if a fast cache is your goal, why
  not store the result of script output in memory rather than on disk; that
  would be much faster

*questions*

  - how does your cache system know when cached output is stale and
  allow fresh contents to be delivered from the original script rather than
  being served from the cache?
  - why purge cache contents after 24 hours?  im on the memcached
  mailing list, and recently they were discussing artificially resetting the
  cache; several people said they let memcahe run for months on end.

-nathan