On Tue, 15 May 2001 10:38, Maree Talbot wrote:
> Is it possible in PHP, to open a remote file with fopen() and begin
> sending the contents of the file to the client before the entire file
> has been read from the remote source?
>
> If so, how? I've been unable to get it to work so far, probably because
> I don't understand the nitty gritty of file handles.
>
> Thanks

Not so much a problem with the file, rather the way the webserver handles
output. Try using flush() to force data to be sent to the client.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Figures won't lie, but liars will figure.