On 6/29/07, Ryan A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just did a quick benchmark for 10.000 hands (making a full deck on
your code, 23.5 players):
Microtime difference:
Ryan's code:15.725826978683
Tijnema's code:0.40006709098816

Unique decks out of 10000:
Ryan's code:10000
Tijnema's code:10000

When making a full deck my code is 40 times faster, and a lot less
memory intensive. And as you can see, for both all 10000 decks are
unique, so both are random :)

But, also when generating cards for only 4 players, my code is twice
as fast as yours, and both generate still 10000 random decks:

Microtime difference:
Ryan's code:0.82403707504272
Tijnema's code:0.40426802635193

Unique decks out of 10000:
Ryan's code:10000
Tijnema's code:10000

Hey Tijnema,

I really had no doubt about your code being faster and cleaner... (as i
mentioned in my original post) but can you send me the benchmarking scripts
that you used so i may test them a bit more?

Thanks!
Ryan

Sure, you can look at the code here:
http://86.86.80.41/cards.phps

Tijnema

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)

always stay connected to friends.

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info