At 10:30 AM -0500 6/29/07, David Giragosian wrote:
I've recently been using some limited free time to explore the Freemovie
(Flash-PHP API) and Ajax technologies.

Can anyone help me to understand whether these can be used together? Can I,
for example, pull data from MySQL, dynamically alter Flash function
parameters, then use Ajax to deliver the new content?

Thanks in advance,

David

David:

Short answer is yes, you can pull all these together to deliver content.

However, you need to understand not only php, but ActionScript. I don't see why you would need Ajax to do this because you would first create the Flash segment in the background and then simply bring it forward and present it in a Flash player..

I think I have an idea of what you are trying to do and I believe it would be best if you created graphics in the background using php and then brought it forward with Ajax as data changed, all without the need for flash.

But, if you want to investigate the Flash-PHP connection try Google "actionscript and php"

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------