At 10:09 AM 5/15/01 +0800, Jude Chen wrote:
>Warning: Unable to connect to ORACLE (ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve
>service name) in E:\website\yktest\web\includes\db\dbenv.php on line 4
>
>But I have the correct TNS, through which I can connect to Oracle using
>SQL*PLUS, configured on the machine, using SQL*NET configuration tool.
>
>I don't know why, can anyone help me?

   Can you show us the PHP code that produces this error?

   Are the ORACLE_HOME, NLS_LANG, and ORACLE_SID environment variables set
for the 'nobody' user (or whichever entity runs apache/php) ?

   How, exactly, are you calling the OCI8 functions?

    Brian S. Dunworth
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Oracle Database Administrator
    The Printing House, Ltd.