On Mon, 14 May 2001 17:49:08 -0400, "Hoover, Josh"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Andy,
>
>I believe you can run PHP on Mac OS with the use of WebTen by Tenon
>(http://www.tenon.com/products/webten/).  MySQL does not run on Mac OS.  You
>can run both PHP 4 and MySQL on Mac OS X.  Since it sounds like you're a Mac
>developer, I would suggest you check out the AMP mailing list which is full
>of Mac developers using technologies like PHP, MySQL, Mac OS X, etc.  The
>URL is http://www.developersplace.com/
>
>Hope that helps out.
>
>Josh Hoover
>KnowledgeStorm, Inc.
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Searching for a new IT solution for your company? Need to improve your
>product marketing?
>Visit KnowledgeStorm at www.knowledgestorm.com to learn how we can simplify
>the process for you.
>KnowledgeStorm - Your IT Search Starts Here
>
>> does anybody know if it is possible to run these applications
>> on MAC 0S?

I have PHP, MySQL, and Apache running on my OS X box beautifully.  There
are "double-click" installers out there that will install all of those
apps.  Actually, PHP and Apache come installed by default.  You just have
to edit the httpd.conf file to turn them on.  You can get all this great
UNIX functionality with the "Out of the box" version of OS X consumer,
for $99.  OS X server 2 will be out shortly, and will have web, mail, and
file server admin features.

HTH,

mto

Michael O'Neal