I've got a little PHP script that generates charts, that has been working perfectly every day for the past couple years. Since upgrading the Xserve's PHP from 5.1.6 to 5.2.2 (both Entropy), it has stopped working. Specifically, it doesn't return any GIFs (charts). Actually, it will output a GIF providing that session_start() isn't called at the beginning of chart.php. The reason session_start() is called is that the data needed by chart.php resides as session variables—so the session needs to be propogated to chart.php when it's called.

My gut feeling is that *something* in chart.php is now throwing a notice or warning or something, and that is corrupting the GIF file (which returns as a broken icon). Here's the beginning of chart.php, which as I mentioned, was working perfectly verbatim up until last week:

<?php

session_start();
error_reporting(0);
header("Content-type: image/gif");

[...]

Here is a modified version of the above, based on comments I've gleaned from various forums. (It still doesn't work, btw.)

<?php

@session_start();
@set_time_limit(0);
@error_reporting(0);

// session_start();

header("Content-type: image/gif");
header("Cache-Control: cache, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: public");

[...]

...Rene