On Wed, June 13, 2007 3:04 pm, Robert Cummings wrote:

> But you might not. It depends on what you decide to include() instead
> of
> redirecting. I guess in the included source you could code aorund not
> having the correct URL parameters and default to something sensible,
> but
> that still doesn't address the content/request mismatch.

Bought a house, and I've been away from the list, so I'm resurrecting
this only to point out...

As far as I'm concerned, if it requires a login to see X, and you ask
for X and aren't logged in, seeing the login page with the URL X *IS*
the perfectly valid answer for what you should see.

If I needed Google to index my content that requires a login, then I
don't need a login because that's just a plain silly setup...

Google's gonna have a bunch of pages that users can't see unless they
login?

Then it's not a login;  It's a scam to collect a bunch of user data.

PS
And I could just look at the Google User Agent and not require login
for that, which anybody could forge, but so what?  They'll get the
same damn info by knowing what to search for in Google anyway, if I'm
giving Google the content without a login.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?