on 5/15/01 10:47 AM, Richard Notley at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm rewriting some web pages trying to replace a lot of JavaScript with
> PHP (before including some mySQL for even more dynamic content);
> however, I am having a little difficulty in one area...
>
> Currently, if a page is displayed in the main window for the site, then
> a menu is displayed on the left (where else); however, if the same page
> is displayed in a popup window, then the menu is suppressed.   This
> works because, the site launches all popup windows with the same name,
> 'popupWin', so I can use     if (self.name == 'popupWin')...     in the
> JavaScript to suppress the menu.  The HTML for the menu is built
> dynamically by the JavaScript.
>
> I can't see how PHP (on the server) will know about the browser window
> name, so is there a way to reproduce this functionality in PHP?
>
> I'm new to PHP, so apologies if this is a time-waster.  I spent quite a
> while looking through the archives, but... well needles and haystacks!

I think..... this is what you are asking, this ain't tested!!!!!!!

Add a test to your page like so,

<?php

if ( !isset $gHide ) {

    $gNavigation .= "My Navigation";
    print $gNavigation;
    }

?>

Then add the following to your page,

<script language='javascript'>
    function openMe(tURL) {
        popWin = window.open(tURL,'popWin','featureList');
        }
</script>

$gNavigation will be printed so long as $gHide is unset, but it you call the
page passing the $gHide param, the navigation will be suppressed.

--
Dave Goodrich
Director of Interface Development