From: Shaun M. Nixon
Sent: 13 July 2007 09:17
To: Steve Perkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FW: [PHP] SMS questions

Hi Steve

Hope you're doing fine.

It is possible.  In short, you have seen how a SMS message is sent using a
operators Name label i.e. the Messages says who it's from e.g. TEXT IT, but
you are unable to reply because the Sender is 'Text it' and not a mobile
number. Well in the same mechanism, you can send a mobile phone number as
the Label.  Thus allowing you to send someone a message as if it came from
someone else.  I guess this is what is being asked / wanted - spoofing a
Mobile.

It is illegal to do this without consent and you must audit / prove
ownership / identity of the phone regarding the use / service (highly
regulated) - it also carries great risk to the provider (e.g. 2 Million fine
from ICTICS), hence most companies reluctance etc.

I believe Skype have recently introduced this service (but it's expensive)
if Brian wants to try it out.  We can do the same if required, as too relay
all reply messages via email / texts if needed.

Kind Regards
Shaun Nixon
Principal Consultant

W: www.textit.biz