I have never seen this problem (and this isn't my first install)...

I am using:

 RedHat 7.1
 php4.0.4pl1
 qmail 1.03

I thought the problem was the fact that I didn't have sendmail installed at
all
(had the qmail sendmail wrapper in place though; ln -s
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/[lib|sbin]/sendmail )...
so I installed sendmail, recompiled php, still no luck...

anyone have any ideas?  I checked the archives and someone posted a similar
question about this yesterday, but no response yet.

Michael Geier
CDM Sports Systems Administrator
        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        phone: 314.991.1511 x 6505