I do not believe this is the reason that you are having problems.  I have
compiled GD on many Redhat machines without X11

Brandon

-----Original Message-----
From: scott [gts] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 2:44 PM
To: php
Subject: [PHP] PHP and GD on a Redhat linux box

i had compile problems for PHP + GD on a linux box.

my best guess is that GD requires X11 support to
work properly, and in turn blows up the PHP
compile when GD cannot find the 'X11' library....

since the box is a server, bells and whistles like
Xwindows are not installed....

figured i'd share with anyone, in case others are having
the same problem compiling.