CURL is realy cool, lets me do easy socket stuff, especially with
ssl, which leads me to my question:

How on God's green earth do I send more then simple requests to a SSL
server? Here's my basic request...

POST /apps.here/xml/Rate HTTP/1.1

<?xml version=1.0 encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml stuff here>blah.......</xml stuff here>

the CURL code (so far)

$xml_req="this is the xml doc";
$l=strlen($xml_req);

$url="https://www.secureserver.com/apps.here/xml/Rate";;
$tmp_out=time() . ".tmp.xml.out";
$fp = fopen ("/public/nirvana/" . $tmp_out, "w+");
fwrite($fp, $xml_req, $l);

$ch = curl_init ();
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "POST /apps.here/xml/Rate
HTTP/1.1");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, "Content-Type: application/xml");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_INFILE, $fp);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
// curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
// curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

$results = curl_exec ($ch);
fclose($fp);
curl_close ($ch);

the tmp xml file displays the correct stuff. I'm totally confused and there
is basically NO curl ssl support docs anywhere.

distraut in buffalo,

dave