On Tue, July 17, 2007 9:29 pm, Ryan Lao wrote:
> i made a simple PHP form that would ask for the users complete name, a
> button that would browse to a file that the user wants to upload, a
> text
> area for additional comments, and a submit button. This form works
> just
> fine. what i want to achieve next is for my form to also create a text
> file
> when it is submitted. The text file will contain the users complete
> name,
> the filename that was being uploaded and the additional comments from
> the
> user. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to do this?

http://php.net/file_put_contents

<?php
$file = file_get_contents($_FILES['name_from_html_form']);
file_put_contents("textfile.txt", "$name\n$comments\n$file");
?>

This is shockingly devoid of error checking and input filtering.

Start reading here:
http://phpsec.org/

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.