On 7/24/07, Bosky, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I downloaded a copy of PHP Version 5.2.3 and installed it on Windows
2003.
Everything seems to work fine except for Curl.
------
PHP Version 5.2.3
cURL support  enabled
cURL Information  libcurl/7.16.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8e zlib/1.2.3
------
It keeps returning this error message.
Reason 'CURL error: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol'

The code works one machine that has the following setup
------
PHP Version 5.1.0
cURL support  enabled
cURL Information  libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3
------

Do I need to download any other packages for Curl to work? What the heck
am I missing?

Thanks,
Dave

HTC Disclaimer:  The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.

   That actually looks like an OpenSSL problem (despite the fact that
PHP 5.2.3 does have a lot of poorly-made changes, in my opinion),
suggesting that it's attempting to provide (or retrieve) something via
an SSL/HTTPS connection where there is no encryption.

   Is the script you're attempting to run the exact same on both
machines?  Can Machine A connect to Machine B and vice-versa using
cURL/SSL in combination with your script?  What do the Apache logs
say?

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272