At 6:50 AM -0500 7/25/07, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
Sorry, I've been up for 48 hours -- it's a boy, 8 lb 9 oz -- time to
get some sleep. Maybe tomorrow my son will finally decide on a name
-- the ninth grand-kid.  Maybe he'll name him Rasmus. God, I hope
not.   :-)
[/snip]

Congrats! How about Tedd II - Electric Boogaloo (yes, I know, I am stuck
on a theme)

Thanks, but you did hit on an interesting family custom. My father's name was Theodore, but went by the name of Ted. He hated the name Theodore, but liked Ted.

Throughout his life people kept telling him that his name was short for Theodore. So, when it came to naming me, he added and extra "d" and made it "Tedd" so people couldn't confuse it with Theodore. When I had a son, I considered naming him "Teddd", but thought it might be a bit strange.

I don't use "Tedd" anymore, because that was my previous life when I used to have purpose. Now a simpler "tedd" has risen from the ashes with no purpose whatsoever -- it makes life so much easier.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------