yes well at the beginning of the design patterns book they basically explain
the same thing.
if you dont understand the basic oo priciples, then design patterns arent
going to make any sense.
these basic concepts are (not looking in the book [testing myself]..)
encapsulation
abstraction
polymorphism
inheritence

ok now i will look in the book; lets see if ive learned anything;
nice; thats what they have there;
ya; get the basics down, but then; dont stop; learn design patterns!

-nathan