Daniel Brown wrote:
    As a relatively-new contributor to this list (read: under 2
years), I realize that I have no business requesting a change, but
I'll breech etiquette and hope for the best.

    Can we update the filters on the list to have the reply-to address
header marked to the php-general address?

At the risk of extending the religious war ....

I'm with you Daniel, but I think it has been decided that what we ACTUALLY need is a fix at the reception end. Some email clients will allow you to set a reply address for a folder ( apparently ) which is actually what *I* could do with, so all [PHP] email goes in the php-general folder, and when I hit reply I get a list reply address, just like I get a news list address on news folders. Unfortunately the other religious war erupts when you ask for that at the client end and many of the same people who INSIST that replies should be changed to be private then insist that its not appropriate to allow the client end to change them back :(

So until SeaMonkey adds the facility to set a folder reply address I'm stuck like you with remembering to hit 'reply all' on the relatively few lists that still work the old school way ;) Actually rather than doing that I TRY to be nice and replace the private reply address with the list address - so I don't get those duplicate replies that are not getting filtered out when someone 'reply alls' my posts ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL