Great! Thanks for the answer, that's very helpful. Will trim() work if I specify charlists in the ASCII range? Not that I ever do, but just curious.
- Naz

Daniel Macedo wrote:
Hi Naz,

Any byte function is NOT safe for UTF-8.
trim() works properly with UTF-8 IF you don't specify the charlist (second argument). This is because all whitespace characters are in the ASCII range, and therefore it won't corrupt the UTF-8 string.

The explode() function will handle UTF-8 as long as it's well formed.
This means that if you properly specify UTF-8 delimiters, it doesn't corrupt the UTF-8 input string.

~ DM

adel escreveu:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mbstring.php