Manually aprove forum signups. If people are serious about being a productive part of your forum they'll wait a few hours or a day to be confirmed. Otherwise they probably just have a question they're blasting at every forum they can find, or are spammers. I've never had a problem with this myself. Plus it makes users once signed up feel more special.

- Dan

"Kevin Waterson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This one time, at band camp, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Which brings me back to my earlier question of why would you want to do
this? I can't think of any reason, but then again it is getting late.

I would like to prevent registration of emails from certain domains that
abuse a forum. eg: foo.uy7f564d8d6d.com
These domains are registered by the thousands by spammers and because they
use dyndns it is impossible to use an IP block.

Banning the subdomain is pointless as this is easily changed and they may
re-register.

Kind regards
Kevin