Well, I have no idea what the Phython StringIO method does. Could someone explain in PHP terms maybe? Google gave me this explaining stringIO http://docs.python.org/lib/module-StringIO.html . It didnt' make much sense still after reading it though.

- Dan

"Rick Pasotto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Does php have a facility similar to python's stringIO?

What I'm wanting to do is similar to a mail merge. IOW, I know I can
create an include file like:

$out = <<<EOT
This is an example of $var1 and $var2.
EOT;

and then after assigning values to $var1 and $var2 include that file. I
can later use different values for $var1 and $var2 and get a different
$out with a second include.

Can I someout "include" a string instead of a file? Or maybe there is
some completely different way to do what I want.

--
"I have always in my own thought summed up individual liberty, and
business liberty, and every other kind of liberty, in the phrase