Currently I have a problem with IE.  The IE browser will not bring up my
encoded url.  When clicking on the link I either receive a script error or
nothing happens. The issue is with the double quotes. IE does not recognized
the encoded character %22 for quotes.  IE does seem to process single quotes
(%27) OK.

Here is my code to encode the string variable and create the link

The string I am having problems with = "All Inclusive" Casa De Campo Golf =
$headline

$url_title = rawurlencode( $headline );
href='javascript:openQuote(\"$main_url/miniquote_form.inc.php3?site=$site&ad
=$ad&header=$url_title\", \"helpWin\");'>Contact us for
information</a></font>";

Here is what the url looks like in the Netscape browser window

header=%22All%20Inclusive%22%20Casa%20De%20Campo%20Golf

If I include this code:

$headline = addslashes ($headline);

before the:

 $url_title = rawurlencode( $headline );

IE now processes the url link and the string displays correctly for me in my
popup window.

Here is the IE url:
header="All%20Inclusive"%20Casa%20De%20Campo%20Golf

However -- NS now displays the string with backslahes.

Here is the comparable NS url:

header=%5C%22All%20Inclusive%5C%22%20Casa%20De%20Campo%20Golf

Here is the code in my form to display the header variable (which I thought
would strip out the slashes)
<?php
  $headertitle = stripslashes( $header );
  print "$headertitle"; ?>

I have tried htmlentities as:

$url_title = htmlentites( $headline );  and neither IE nor Netscape would
work -- the url link would not work.  perhaps my syntax is incorrect for
this function?

Claudia