You probably just have short_open_tags set to Off in your php.ini file. If so, either turn it On, or change the file to be:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Chris

Rick Knight wrote:
I have just installed PHP-5.2.3 on my Kubuntu Feisty box. I removed all the debian php first and then compiled php with the options I needed. Now everything seems to be working except phpinfo.php which consists of one line.

<? phpinfo(); ?>

I get a blank screen.

If I delete the php.ini file it get the usual phpinfo output.

php -r "phpinfo();" works as does php -i and my php scripts run fine. What would cause phpinfo.php to not work? It's set rw for the apache2 user so I think the permissions are right. Is there a phpinfo enable/disable in the php.ini? Or in ./configure?

Thanks.
Rick Knight