Chris wrote:
John Mendenhall wrote:
Is the only valid response to problems with php4 to
upgrade to php5?  Or, are there still some people
out there still using php4 and possibly have had
problems with install such as the following?

If php5 is the only answer, I guess we'll just have
to go with what we have and limp along until we can
get everything converted to work on php5.

I sent this to the php-install list.

Try the -internals list.

I don't think the php-internals folks would appreciate such emails. For problems with the install, first make sure it's not your fault (sounds stupid, but usually is), and if it's a bug, report it via the bugtracker. There is no need to bother the PHP developers with such things.

Just as a note, the internals list is (afaik) not meant to provide _any_ type of support, it's for discussion about the internals of PHP (mainly).