also sprach Maxim Maletsky (on Thu, 17 May 2001 02:25:47PM +0900):
> no no and no.

oh sure you can. identify the group that apache runs as, then chown
the directories 0750 and files 0640 after chgrp'ing them all to the
same apache group, and you're set. i have my apache run as user
apache and group webdev and permissions at 0570/0460 respectively,
which allows apache to read and everyone in webdev to write. however,
noone else has permissions.

nevertheless, public keys for databases... please?

and then on another note, why do you have users on a webserver who
aren't developers???

there's someone in my head but its not me.
                        -- pink floyd, the dark side of the moon, 1972