I have a function which is my callback for preg_replace_callback - and it
needs to be able to access a string and an object outside of itself.
When I call create_function I can insert the string, but without serializing
the object I can't figure out how to make it available to the function
without making it global, which seems nasty.

I've tried 'currying' the function - creating a new function out of it with
the string and object parameters bound, but have the same problem - I can't
get the object into the function.
Can anyone point me towards a good solution? I guess I could also create a
class with the one function, but that seems a wee bit messy to me.

It would be helpful if you could post a bare-bones example.

--
Richard Heyes
+44 (0)800 0213 172

Knowledge Base and HelpDesk software