I'm a german web-designer living in Turkey.
Sometimes I use opensource software like gallery2 or WP to have customers have some nice web albums or blog. The turkish translation files of such opensource software usually use gettext and .po files for i18n and are always a bit behind the translation
status of other european languages.

I decided to work a bit on some of those tr.po files on my local linux box
(opensuse 10.2 with apache 2.x mysql 5.x and php 5.2.0). But when I started the
test phase in turkish I couldn't test because of strange errors.
I contacted the forum of gallery2 and after investigating the problem I
stumbled over an answer of bug #35050 at bugs.php.net:

  http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35050

and its status: WONT FIX

Now that's really great. It means that turkish hosting providers cannot use php5 at all! And as of the news on php.net php4 will not be supported or developed any further
after the end of 2007! Will Turks really have now to wait for a php6?
When will that come out?
That's seems to me to be a sort of discrimination of turkish language in php5.
Is it technical so difficult to develop a patch for this bug?

Sincerely