Per Jessen wrote:
Stut wrote:

Hi Zbigniew

Maybe it's worth doing some googling for wordpress and php5?  If it's
not your code, it's not easy to debug.  I have seen the apache core
dump many times, sometimes caused by obvious errors, other times by
something obscure and difficult to find.
Come on guys, use your heads. PHP is segfaulting when trying to
display its version number - that's not going to have anything to do
with Wordpress.

Uh, how do know you it's do with the version-number??  Did I miss that
posting?

From the original post...

php -v:

PHP 5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2007 08:59:52)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Anyway, I think it's exceptionally poor show by php to cause a segfault,
probably due to user code.  I know it does it every now and then, and
nobody has ever been interested in looking at the core dump.

This will have nothing to do with user code since no user code is involved in displaying the version info. It's most likely a problem with mixed version numbers, or possibly (but unlikely) a configuration issue. If there's an auto_prepend_file or auto_append_file in the configuration that may be loaded by php -v, I'm not sure.

Blaming PHP for this is like blaming Microsoft because Photoshop crashed on a Windows machine. It's possible PHP is to blame but there is a whole stack of other considerations to go through before coming to that conclusion.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/