At 4:00 PM -0700 9/14/07, Ji H. Park wrote:
*The question: "How would you have multiple text input forms (on shopping cart page) with different inputted data (product quantities) submitted for querying the database (for changing the quantity of multiple products in the shopping cart at the same time)?**"*

*Here is an ideal example to clarify the matter:*
When a customer wants to change quantities of multiple products all at once in the shopping cart, all the quantities has to be changed at the same time just by clicking a button called (e.g. Update Quantity).

*Issue*: Currently I have update quantity buttons for each product, which isn't convenient.

I would appreciate any tips, techniques, comments, or reference to any website regarding this issue at your repository, thanks!

In addition to what others have said, use javascript to adjust quantities and cost until the user wants to submit like so:

http://webbytedd.com/c/form-calc/

There's little reason to make the user click "Update Quantity" repeatedly before the user is finished with his/her order IF you are offering several items -- like found in a shopping cart.

After the user clicks submit, then use php to make sure the data is what you expect.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------